These muffins are moist and flavorful, packed with freshly grated carrots, cinnamon, and nutmeg. But the surprise twist is the hidden kale, which adds a boost of nutrition without sacrificing flavor. The orange zest cream cheese frosting is creamy, tangy, and bright, with a subtle sweetness that perfectly complements the richness of the muffins. The orange zest adds a lovely citrusy note that brightens up the flavors and brings a refreshing balance to the sweetness of the frosting. The pistachios, with their crunchy texture and nutty flavor, add a lovely contrast to the soft and tender muffins, providing a satisfying and delicious crunch. They also bring a lovely pop of color to the dish, making it a visually appealing and enticing treat. They can be enjoyed as a breakfast, snack, or dessert, making them a versatile and delicious option for any time of the day.
INGREDIENTS:𝗠𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗻𝘀: 2 cup AeroFarms Baby Kale 2½ cup all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp baking soda 2 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp ground nutmeg ½ tsp salt 1 cup vegetable oil 2 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar 4 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 1½ cup shredded carrots ½ cup walnuts 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴: 8 oz cream cheese (softened) 3½ cup powdered sugar 1 tbsp orange zest ¼ cup pistachios
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Line your muffin pan with large liners. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
4. With a rubber spatula, lightly mix wet ingredients into the dry.
5. Fold in AeroFarms Baby Kale, shredded carrots, and walnuts.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife pulls out clean.
7. For the frosting, beat cream cheese, sugar, and orange zest until smooth and creamy.
8. When muffins are completely cool, smear frosting onto each one and top with crushed pistachios.