This dish is a comforting and flavorful dish that’s perfect for a cozy dinner at home. This dish features tender pieces of chicken cooked in a creamy and flavorful sauce, served over a bed of orzo pasta. The chicken is cooked until tender and juicy, then simmered in a creamy sauce made with heavy cream, chicken broth, Parmesan cheese, garlic, white wine, and herbs. The resulting sauce is rich and savory, with a creamy texture that’s perfect for coating the orzo pasta. It’s a great option for busy weeknights or for when you want something warm and comforting on a chilly evening.
INGREDIENTS:𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗱𝗲: 1 cup AeroFarms Micro Kale ¾ cup plain yogurt 2 garlic cloves (peeled) 1 scallion 1 lemon (finely grated zest and juice) 2 tsp coarse kosher salt 1 tsp black pepper 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs 𝗢𝗿𝘇𝗼: 1½ cups AeroFarms Baby Arugula 1 cup dry orzo ⅓ cup dry white wine ½ cup heavy cream 1 cup chicken broth 2 leeks 1 fennel bulb ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes 2 tbsp butter 1 tbsp lemon juice ½ cup Parmesan cheese
INSTRUCTIONS:1. In a blender, purée yogurt, AeroFarms Micro Kale, garlic, scallion, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
2. Put chicken in a bowl or large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and cover with three-quarters of the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade, shaking off as much liquid as possible, and lay the chicken on a tray in the fridge to dry.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Nestle chicken, skin side down, in a skillet in a single layer.
5. Cook until meat is opaque around the edges and skin is deep golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Turn chicken skin side up and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10–15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
6. Set the same skillet over medium heat and combine fennel bulb and leek in skillet and sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the leek is looking golden around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add orzo and cook until orzo is darkened and nutty, about 3 minutes.
7. Pour in wine and cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute. Add broth ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting broth absorb before adding more.
8. Next, add the heavy cream, Parmesan, AeroFarms Baby Arugula, and sundried tomatoes. Sauté until the arugula has wilted.
9. Remove skillet from heat. Mix in lemon juice and taste and add more salt and pepper.
10. Pile chicken on top and finish with lemon zest and more micro kale.