This hearty quiche is the perfect way to feed a crowd for brunch. Using a frozen pie crust makes this extra quick and easy. Stuffed with winter squash, caramelized shallots, and an abundance of AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy.
INGREDIENTS:1 cup AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy 6 eggs ¾ cup heavy cream 1½ cups Gruyère cheese 1 Delicata squash 2 shallots (sliced) 1 frozen pie crust 2 tbsp butter 1 tbsp fresh thyme olive oil salt and pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Toss sliced Delicata squash with olive oil and salt. Space out evenly on a sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
2. While the Delicata squash is roasting, add butter to a pan. When butter lightly bubbles, add shallots and caramelize for 15 minutes or until golden brown and jammy.
3. Allow Delicata squash and shallots to cool.
4. Beat eggs, heavy cream, and Gruyère until just combined.
5. Add Delicata squash, shallots, thyme, and AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy to egg mixture. Set aside.
6. Heat oven to 350°F.
7. Parbake crust about 10-15 minutes.
8. Carefully remove crust from oven and fill with your egg mixture. Return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
9. Allow to cool and set for 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!