This veggie burger does not come from the freezer section. Combine plant proteins from chickpeas, bright greens, and whole grains together for a vegan-friendly burger that will fill up even the hungriest carnivore. Top it with Spicy Watercress Guacamole if you’re feeling crazy.
- 1 packet AeroFarms Baby Arugula or Baby Kale
- 2 cup cooked white or rainbow quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free panko (optional)
- 1/2 cup spicy watercress guacamole (see link above)
1. Heat 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet, add package of AeroFarms greens and lightly sautee for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool. Once cooled, squeeze all liquid out of the greens and pat down with a clean paper towel.
2. Mash dry chickpeas in a large bowl with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and garlic until you get a thick paste consistency. You may use a sturdy metal fork, mortal and pestle, or food processor.
3. Add quinoa, greens, spices, salt and pepper to the chickpea mash and mix until even.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to shape 4-6 patties. Form each patty tightly to keep the mixture together. Gently coat each patty with a light layer of panko.
5. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Heat patties on each side for 1-2 minutes until the panko is golden brown.
6. Transfer skillet with patties to oven set to 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve with bun of choice and watercress guac! Serve and Enjoy!