This one will be a weeknight staple. Pasta can be a balanced meal when you pack in the veggies! Mushrooms, tomatoes, and lots of greens make this one a stunner.
INGREDIENTS:1 cup AeroFarms Baby Arugula 8 oz whole-wheat or gluten-free pasta (cooked and drained) ½ cup AeroFarms Nutty Kale Pesto 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ cup cremini mushrooms (sliced) 1 clove garlic (chopped) ½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved) salt & pepper to taste grated parmesan cheese for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Cook pasta of choice al dente (pictured above is whole wheat linguini). Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan set to medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, heating for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
4. Set heat to low and add cherry tomatoes, sautéing for 3-4 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and add AeroFarms Baby Arugula, mixing until all components are even in the skillet.
6. In a separate bowl, mix warm pasta with AeroFarms' Nutty Kale Pesto until the pesto is evenly spread throughout the noodles.
7. Fold in sautéed vegetable mixture into the warm pasta, mixing until even.
8. Top with fresh arugula leaves and parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!