AeroFarms Community Farms Program
We believe access to fresh food is a fundamental right – and we’re supporting communities to help revolutionize how we grow food with hands-on learning and local farms to build resilient communities. We partner with cities and schools to build customized community farms programs, such as a recent partnership with the World Economic Forum and Jersey City to build the first-ever municipal vertical farming program.
What is our Community Farms Program?
Our Community Farms Program includes our custom community farms unit and add-on curriculum, technical support, and training services. We partner directly with schools, cities, NGOs and more to customize a program that fits each project’s goals.
State-of-the art AeroFarms Community Farms Unit
Customized service packages include STEM curriculum
Partnership Spotlight: EcoSpaces + AeroFarms
With the goal to empower students, teachers and school communities to approach food choice from a systems thinking perspective, EcoSpaces and AeroFarms partner to bring Project Vertical Farm: A STEM-based Food Systems Exploration to life in schools like Philip's Academy Charter School (PACS). PACS students harvest their own greens from an AeroFarms Community Farms Unit in their cafeteria while learning important lessons like food sovereignty and food access through hands-on STEM education lessons from professional science educators.
- AeroFarms Community Farm - an indoor growing system of stackable grow containers on separate levels designed for education that uses a cloth growth media, lighting, and nutrients for growing and harvesting leafy greens
- Operational and Technical Support, and Maintenance and Repair Services
- Curriculum aligned with Middle School Next Generation Science Standards
- Curriculum and Classroom Educational Support
The EcoSpaces curriculum is aligned with the Next Generation Science Curriculum with standards in Earth, Life and Physical Sciences for grades 6 through 8. This includes in-classroom learning in the context of:
- Natural resource use
- Requirement for human activity and health
- Cause and object of environmental disruption
Learn More About Our Program
We have developed a multi-stage process for partnering with schools and communities for further expansion. See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about our partnership criteria and process.