Butternut squash soup is one of our favorite healthy comfort foods. High in antioxidant beta carotene from the butternut squash and extra vitamin C from AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy, this vegan recipe is the perfect way to warm up on a cool day. Don’t forget to top with a large handful of AeroFarms Micro Spicy Mix for an extra pop of SPICE and phytonutrients!
- 1 container AeroFarms Micro Spicy Mix
- 1 container AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- white wine vinegar (to taste)
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
2. Add cut up butternut squash and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low/medium heat for 15 minutes until squash is softened.
3. Turn off heat, fold in AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy container and mix evenly.
4. Wait until cools down for 10-15 minutes, then carefully pour all contents of the pot into a blender. Add salt and other seasoning, to taste.
5. Blend until smooth. Serve in bowls topped generously with AeroFarms Micro Spicy Mix, roasted pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of white wine vinegar. Enjoy!