Charred miso carrots with a pistachio gremolata is a mouth-watering and visually stunning dish that combines the sweet and savory flavors of tender, caramelized roasted carrots with the tangy and nutty flavors of a traditional Italian gremolata. The combination of flavors and textures in this dish is simply irresistible.
INGREDIENTS:𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘁𝘀: 2 lbs carrots (trimmed, peeled, and left whole) 3 tbsp white wine vinegar 2 tbsp butter 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup 2 tbsp white miso paste salt and freshly ground pepper 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗮: 1 cup AeroFarms Micro Spicy Mix 1 large handful fresh parsley (very finely chopped) 2 cloves garlic (minced) ½ tsp fresh ginger (minced) 1 lemon ¼ cup pistachios (toasted and roughly chopped) ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp sesame oil salt and freshly ground pepper
INSTRUCTIONS:𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗮
1. In a medium bowl, mix together AeroFarms Micro Spicy Mix, parsley, chives, garlic, ginger, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pistachios. Add the olive and sesame oil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
𝗕𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘁𝘀
2. Heat the oven to 475°F.
3. Spread the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle on a tablespoon of oil, and roll the carrots to coat them. Roast until they are very dark brown, even a bit burnt on the edges, but not fully tender, 10-12 minutes. Leave the oven on but reduce the temperature to 300°F.
4. Mix together the miso, honey, and vinegar. When the carrots are cool enough to handle, transfer to a large bowl. Add the miso marinade, season with salt and lots of pepper, and toss to coat. Let the carrots sit for 5 minutes to absorb the vinegar.
5. Spread them out on the baking sheet again, distribute the butter on top. Roast until they are fully tender, 5-7 minutes.
6. Place the carrots into a serving bowl, taste, and adjust with more vinegar, salt, or pepper. Top with the gremolata. Serve warm.