This sandwich is a mouth-watering and hearty meal that is sure to satisfy your hunger and your taste buds. The star of the sandwich is the juicy and flavorful steak topped with a classic Argentinian chimichurri sauce made with garlic, cilantro, olive oil, and Micro Arugula. The piperade sauce, a traditional Basque dish made from sautéed onions, peppers, and tomatoes, adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the sandwich, balancing the rich taste of the steak perfectly. The sauce also provides a lovely texture to the dish, with its chunky and savory consistency. The sandwich is completed with a fresh, crusty baguette that holds all the delicious ingredients together. With each bite, you’ll taste the savory meat, the tangy chimichurri, the sweet piperade sauce, and the soft bread, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave you feeling satisfied and fulfilled.
INGREDIENTS:4 hoagie rolls 2 flank steaks salt and pepper 𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗿𝗼 𝗔𝗿𝘂𝗴𝘂𝗹𝗮 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗰𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗶: 1 container AeroFarms Micro Arugula 1 bunch scallions (chopped) 1 bunch cilantro (chopped) 5 cloves of garlic (chopped) 2 tbsp sherry vinegar 1 tbsp olive oil salt and pepper to taste 𝗣𝗶𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗦𝗮𝘂𝗰𝗲: 1 bell pepper (sliced) ½ onion (sliced) 2 cups marinara sauce ½ tbsp Calabrian chili peppers oil as needed
INSTRUCTIONS:𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗣𝗶𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗦𝗮𝘂𝗰𝗲:
1. In a medium sized pot, add the oil and heat up over medium high flame. Once hot, add the onions and peppers and stir often until they are soft.
2. Add the marinara sauce and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Finish with the Calabrian chilies. Take off heat and cool.
𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗿𝗼 𝗔𝗿𝘂𝗴𝘂𝗹𝗮 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗰𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗶:
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Taste it and adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
𝗕𝘂𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘄𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀:
4. Cook off the steaks in a hot pan to desired temperature.
5. Allow steaks to rest and slice it thin against the grains.
6. Toast the bread. Add a layer of piperade sauce and then the sliced steak. Top off with the Micro Arugula chimichurri. Serve and enjoy!