This creamy broccoli cheddar soup is a warm and comforting meal that’s perfect for a chilly day. It’s made with tender broccoli florets and a rich and creamy cheddar cheese base and is sure to satisfy any craving for a hearty and delicious soup. The broccoli is cooked until tender and blended together with a smooth and creamy cheese sauce, made with sharp cheddar cheese and a few other simple ingredients. The result is a velvety and rich soup that’s full of flavor and nutrients.
INGREDIENTS:1 container AeroFarms Micro Broccoli 3 tbsp olive oil or butter 1 large onion (chopped) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 2 heads of broccoli (florets and stalks, roughly chopped) 2 medium yellow potatoes (about 1 lb, peeled and chopped) 4 cup water or vegetable broth 8 oz cheddar cheese (shredded) 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon) salt and pepper
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Chop the vegetables and shred the cheese.
2. Heat oil or butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and just starting to brown.
3. Set aside half of the broccoli florets. Add the remaining broccoli florets and stalks and potatoes to the pot. Stir to combine with the onion and garlic, adding a generous pinch of salt.
4. Add the water or broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until all the vegetables are tender when tested with a fork — about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 handfuls of AeroFarms Micro Broccoli.
5. Blend the soup using a regular blender (working in batches if necessary and venting the blender lid) or use an immersion blender. Return the blended soup to the pot over medium-low heat. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Stir in the reserved broccoli florets, shredded cheddar cheese, and lemon juice. Cook for another few minutes, until the florets are bright green, and the cheese is completely melted.
7. Divide soup among bowls. Top with more micro broccoli. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.