A fig and balsamic pizza is a unique and delicious take on the classic pizza that features the sweet and savory flavors of ripe figs and tangy balsamic vinegar. The pizza starts with a thin and crispy crust that is baked until it is golden brown and slightly charred around the edges.
INGREDIENTS:𝗕𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗰 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘁𝘀 1 tbsp olive oil 3 medium shallots (thinly sliced) 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar ¼ cup fig jam 1 tbsp honey flaky salt and pepper 𝗣𝗶𝘇𝘇𝗮 1 container AeroFarms Micro Rainbow Mix 1 ball of pizza dough 4-6 fresh figs (sliced) 4 oz blue cheese, such as gorgonzola, or roquefort, crumbled flour (for dusting work surface)
INSTRUCTIONS:1. In a large frying pan over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil. Add the sliced shallots and a pinch of salt. Sauté, stirring often, until the shallots are golden brown — about 15-20 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar, fig jam, and honey and cook until the liquid is reduced by half — a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
2. Preheat the oven and a pizza stone (if using) to 500°F.
3. Place the ball of dough on a liberally floured surface. Stretch and form the dough into desired shape — one large ball of dough should yield one large pizza or two small.
4. Spread the pizza with the shallot mixture. Add sliced figs and crumbled cheese.
5. Cook until the pizza is bubbling, and the crust has browned — about 5-9 minutes, depending on your oven and the size of your pizza.
6. Immediately top with AeroFarms Micro Arugula, a generous drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of flaky salt.