This salad features a bed of fresh microgreens topped with crispy, warm goat cheese balls that have been breaded and fried until golden brown, and then drizzled with sweet and spicy hot honey. The salad is topped with thinly sliced beets and chopped walnuts, providing an earthy, nutty, and crunchy flavor that perfectly complements the tangy goat cheese. The combination of flavors and textures creates a dish that is both elegant and comforting, providing a satisfying and delicious meal that is sure to impress.
INGREDIENTS:1 container AeroFarms Micro Arugula 1 container AeroFarms Micro Rainbow Mix 1 container AeroFarms Baby Arugula 8 oz log goat cheese panko bread crumbs flour 2 eggs (beaten) canola or vegetable oil for frying salt hot honey walnuts (chopped) cooked beets (sliced)
INSTRUCTIONS:Assemble the Goat Cheese Balls
1. Take your log of goat cheese and cut it into equal pieces. About ½ inch thick.
2. Roll each piece into a ball and coat lightly with flour. Set aside.
3. When all pieces are formed, dip into egg and drip off excess before evenly coating with panko.
4. Freeze for 20 minutes. Don’t skip this step!
Fry the Goat Cheese Balls
5. Heat your oil in a small pan or cast iron. When temperature reaches 315°F-400°F, carefully lower 3-4 frozen goat cheese balls in the oil. Fry for about 20-30 seconds, making sure they are golden on all sides.
6. Carefully lift the goat cheese balls out of the oil and transfer to a wire rack or plate lined with paper towels.
7. Immediately sprinkle with salt.
Build Your Salad
8. Plate your AeroFarms Baby Arugula, Micro Arugula, and Micro Rainbow Mix. Layer on sliced beets and fried goat cheese balls. Generously drizzle honey and add chopped walnuts.