The creamy and crunchy texture of the goat cheese balls perfectly complements the peppery flavor of AeroFarms Micro Arugula. Generously drizzled with hot honey for an unexpected sweet and hot kick.
- 1 container AeroFarms Micro Arugula
- 1 container AeroFarms Micro Rainbow Mix
- 1 container Baby Arugula
- 8 oz log goat cheese
- panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- hot honey
- walnuts (chopped)
- cooked beets (sliced)
Assemble the Goat Cheese Balls
1. Take your log of goat cheese and cut it into equal pieces. About ½ inch thick.
2. Roll each piece into a ball and coat lightly with flour. Set aside.
3. When all pieces are formed, dip into egg and drip off excess before evenly coating with panko.
4. Freeze for 20 minutes. Don’t skip this step!
Fry the Goat Cheese Balls
5. Heat your oil in a small pan or cast iron. When temperature reaches 315°F-400°F, carefully lower 3-4 frozen goat cheese balls in the oil. Fry for about 20-30 seconds, making sure they are golden on all sides.
6. Carefully lift the goat cheese balls out of the oil and transfer to a wire rack or plate lined with paper towels.
7. Immediately sprinkle with salt.
Build Your Salad
8. Plate your AeroFarms Baby Arugula, Micro Arugula, and Micro Rainbow Mix. Layer on sliced beets and fried goat cheese balls. Generously drizzle honey and add chopped walnuts.