This gourmet sandwich features two slices of crusty bread, toasted to perfection and filled with a blend of creamy Gruyère and smoky Gouda cheeses, which melt together to create a gooey and flavorful filling. To add a fresh and peppery flavor, the sandwich is topped with a handful of arugula microgreens. For a touch of sweetness and depth of flavor, the sandwich is spread with a layer of fig jam, which adds a natural sweetness and a hint of fruity flavor to the sandwich. The fig jam also pairs perfectly with the nutty and creamy flavors of the Gruyère and Gouda cheeses.
INGREDIENTS:1 container AeroFarms Micro Arugula 1 loaf of fresh artisan bread (cut into thick slices) chili fig jam or traditional fig jam 6 oz Gruyère cheese (grated) 6 oz Gouda cheese (grated) butter
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
2. Toast all your bread slices on one side. Add butter to a pan and toast each piece on one side until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Coat the un-toasted side of each piece with fig jam.
4. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay each piece of bread toast-side down (fig side up). Top each piece with plenty of each type of cheese.
5. When cheese is completely melted, top with plenty of AeroFarms Micro Arugula. Sandwich pieces together.
6. Cut into points to serve.