Lemon herb chicken and quinoa salad is a healthy and flavorful meal that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. This dish features tender and juicy chicken breasts that are marinated in a mixture of lemon juice, herbs, and spices, and then pan-seared to perfection. The chicken is served alongside a fresh and vibrant quinoa salad that is bursting with colorful vegetables and herbs.
INGREDIENTS:𝗟𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗻: 7 boneless skinless chicken thighs 1 tbsp thyme 1 tbsp rosemary 2 tbsp olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp pepper zest of one lemon 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗺 𝗤𝘂𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗮 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗱: 2 cups AeroFarms Micro Super Mix ½ cup quinoa 1 cup vegetable broth ½ cup red bell pepper (diced) ½ cup yellow bell pepper (diced) ½ cup green bell pepper (diced) 1 cup broccoli (chopped) ½ cup onion (diced) 1 clove garlic (minced) 2 tbsp olive oil ½ tsp salt 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar ¼ cup artichoke hearts ¼ cup pecans (chopped)
INSTRUCTIONS:𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗺 𝗤𝘂𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗮 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗱:
1. Add the vegetable broth and quinoa to a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and
simmer for 15-20 minutes.
2. While the quinoa is cooking add olive oil to a heated pan. Add the broccoli and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers, onions, garlic, and salt. Sauté another 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the quinoa to the vegetable mixture.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and artichoke hearts to the quinoa and cook another minute. Remove the pan from the stove and stir in AeroFarms greens. Top with pecans.
𝗟𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗻:
5. Mix the thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and lemon zest in a bowl. Evenly coat the chicken with the herb mixture.
6. Add the olive oil to a heated pan. Add the chicken and cook 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Remove from the pan and serve.
Recipe by Keisha Banks-Thornton, MPH, RD