These vegetarian dumplings are a delicious and healthy twist on a classic dumpling recipe. The baby watercress, a nutrient-dense green, provides a refreshing and slightly zesty taste to the dumplings, while the cream cheese adds a creamy and soft texture that complements the watercress perfectly. They are perfect for a light and healthy meal, or as an appetizer for a dinner party or special occasion. The dumplings are easy to make and can be cooked by steaming or pan-frying, allowing you to customize the cooking method to suit your preferences.
INGREDIENTS:𝗗𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴: 1 cup AeroFarms Baby Watercress 1 cup edamame (shelled) ½ tbsp soy sauce 1 garlic clove 2 tbsp cream cheese 𝗦𝗮𝘂𝗰𝗲: 2 tbsp soy sauce ½ tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp rice vinegar 𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗣𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗲: 1 cup AeroFarms Baby Watercress 1 cup water 𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗪𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗿: ½ cup AP flour ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Watercress Puree
1. Combine the baby watercress and the water in a blender and blend. Set aside for use.
2. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and mix until it forms a paste-like texture. Alternatively use a mortar and pestle or even a blender but don’t make it too smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
3. In a small bowl, add the flour and create a hole in the middle. Add ¼ cup of the watercress puree into the hole and use a fork to mix the puree while pulling in some of the flour to create the dough. The flour and watercress puree should come together to form a soft dough.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough bounces back to touch. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Once the dough is rested and the filling is made, cut the dough ball into 4 equal pieces. Take one piece and roll it into a log and cut equal pieces and individually roll out into rounds.
6. Cut out using a cookie cutter. Repeat until all the dough is used for round dumpling wrappers.
7. Begin filling the wrappers with the dumpling filling you made; about ½ tablespoon. Place the filling in the middle of the wrapper and use water to seal the edges. Freeze them or cook right away.
8. In a bowl, mix together the ingredients. Set aside until ready to eat.
9. Prepare a large pot of water. Add the dumplings to the pot and boil for 1 minute.
10. Remove the dumplings from the boiling water.
11. In a sauté pan, add oil, just enough to coat the bottom, and add the dumplings that you boiled to the pan. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Turn on the heat to medium high and sear the bottom of the dumplings until golden brown.
12. Remove dumplings from the pan and serve with dipping sauce and top with AeroFarms Baby Watercress to make a little dumpling salad. ENJOY!
𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗳 𝗝𝗼𝘀𝗵 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗯𝗼𝗹𝘁 (@𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲)