Nothing makes a winter Panzanella salad seem quite as of-the-season as fresh citrus. Add AeroFarms – which are always in season – and toasted crusty bread and you have a hearty salad that will satisfy everyone at your table. Pick colorful citrus fruits and some bright red additions – think tomato and pomegranate seeds. This untraditional Italian bread salad is substantial enough for a main dish – or add your favorite protein or some cooked chickpeas for extra protein.
- 1 container AeroFarms Baby Arugula
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup French bread (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup orange slices (cara cara, blood orange, or navel)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
1. Drizzle bread chunks with olive oil and toast in oven at 425°F until the edges start to crisp, cool.
2. Combine tomatoes and bread in a medium mixing bowl, let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Make red wine vinaigrette by adding garlic, salt, and pepper to red wine vinegar. Stream in olive oil while whisking briskly to emulsify. Whisk again before serving.
4. Lightly toss bread and tomato mixture with greens, oranges, and red wine vinaigrette.
5. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top, serve and enjoy!