Whether at brunch or dinner, this arugula flatbread with lemon and fresh figs is a stunner. Bright, fresh flavors from spicy arugula, our favorite fridge staple AeroFarms’ Nutty Kale Pesto and citrus combine with sweet pine nuts and figs for perfect balance. No one will ever guess that it’s incredibly simple. Go ahead, tell them you made the bread yourself.
INGREDIENTS:½ container AeroFarms Baby Arugula ½ cup AeroFarms' Nutty Kale Pesto 1 loaf of flat-ish bread such as focaccia, ciabatta, or naan (approx. 12" x 8") 2 tbsp pine nuts 3 small fresh figs 1 lemon (thinly sliced + seeds removed) 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoon tbsp parmesan cheese (freshly grated) salt and pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice your loaf of bread in half, horizontally. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
3. Evenly spread AeroFarms' Nutty Kale Pesto on the flatbread and place into oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove flatbread from oven. Evenly spread greens on flatbread.
5. Top with figs, lemon, and pine nuts. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and place back into oven for 5 minutes
6. Remove flatbread from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Top with more fresh greens, fresh black pepper, and grated parmesan.
8. Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!