Our greens frittata is not just for breakfast lovers – in fact, you and the whole family can enjoy this savory, balanced dish at any time of day. Make it for Sunday brunch to wow all your friends, prepare with a few sides for a light and tasty dinner, or use leftovers for lunch the next day – this frittata recipe is just as delicious hot, warm, or cold, so you can’t go wrong!
- ½ container AeroFarms Micro Kale
- 2 containers AeroFarms Baby Kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cubed roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- ½ cup sliced black olives (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 large eggs
1. Heat oil in 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the lemon juice and chopped AeroFarms' Baby Kale. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until greens are wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and remove from heat. Once cooled, remove greens from pan and pat down lightly with a paper towel to remove moisture, then add back into the pan.
3. Turn on your oven broiler on high. In a large bowl whisk eggs with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the greens. Add in roasted red peppers and olives, and distribute evenly throughout. Cook on stove top uncovered for about 5 minutes on medium heat until the edges start to brown. Add feta cheese evenly on top, transfer pan to the oven and broil until the top is lightly browned, another 5-8 minutes.
4. Take out of the oven and voila! Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold. Once the frittata has cooled down a bit feel free to beautify with an abundance of fresh AeroFarms greens and microgreens!