We’re big fans of “big bowl” meals and this kale salad has great flavor and color to make it a year-round favorite. AeroFarms Baby Kale is sweeter and more tender than any other, so it pairs especially well with hearty squash and tangy feta cheese.
For a “big bowl” meal any day of the year, pick your favorite cooked and raw veggies, plus superfoods like pomegranate and kale or just clean out the fridge and mix in AeroFarms. Any way you slice it, this “big bowl” covers your whole nutritional wish-list and will make sure you don’t miss all the best flavors of fall.
- 1 container AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy
- ½ container AeroFarms Micro Rainbow Mix
- ½ cup Cannellini beans (cooked)
- ½ cup beets (cubed and cooked)
- ½ cup roasted butternut squash (cubed)
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa (cooked)
- 2 tbsp red onion slices (pickled)
- ⅛ cup dried cranberries
- ⅛ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup white rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- favorite salad dressing
Roasted Beets and Butternut Squash:
1. Wash raw ingredients thoroughly. Cut into cubes and toss with olive oil, and a small dash of salt and pepper.
2. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F until edges lightly brown (time will vary based on the size of pieces). Cool before mixing with the rest of the salad.
Quick-pickled Baby Red Onions:
3. In a glass jar with a lid, combine ½ cup white rice vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon sugar, and stir all ingredients together.
4. Add ⅔ cup sliced baby red onions to the mixture. Make sure mixture covers the onions completely.
5. Let sit in the mixture for 15-30 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated to store.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, combine beans, beets, butternut squash, quinoa, and pickled onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add AeroFarms Baby Bok Choy to mixture and toss lightly.
8. Top with dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese.
9. Drizzle with dressing of choice. Serve and enjoy!