You can have Taco Tuesdays every day of the week with this super quick, super nutritious vegan recipe. Sweet potato, beans, and spicy greens make for an exciting yet wholesome option everyone will love, no matter their food preferences or dietary restrictions. The best part — it’s got greens for days with watercress in the guacamole and even the salsa!
- 1 container AeroFarms Baby Watercress or greens of choice
- 1 container AeroFarms Microgreens of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2/3 tablespoon chili powder
- 2/3 teaspoon cumin
- 1.5 cups cooked, drained and rinsed black beans
- 1.5 cups oven-roasted sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 6-8 organic corn tortillas
- 2/3 cup Dream Greens Fresh & Spicy Watercress Salsa
- 2/3 cup Dream Greens watercress guacamole
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 2 minutes or until you detect a soft onion aroma. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Add beans and mix evenly throughout. Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes or until beans are fully heated through. Remove from heat and mash some of the beans with 2-3 Tbsp salsa.
3. Arrange the 6 corn tortillas and fill evenly with watercress guac, roasted sweet potatoes and black beans. Top with watercress salsa, AeroFarms Microgreens of choice, fresh-squeezed lime juice, and any other toppings you love.
4. Serve and enjoy!